WARNING | CORONAVIRUS – DIRECTORATE-GENERAL OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Considering the new coronavirus (COVID-19), the Directorate-General for Health (DGS) warns of a set of hygiene measures and respiratory etiquette to reduce the exposure and transmission of the disease, also informing that through the respective website it is possible to monitor the evolution of infection in Portugal and the world, as well as clarifying doubts.
- The Directorate-General for Health (DGS) recommends taking the following measures:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water, rubbing well for at least 20 seconds;
- Reinforce hand washing after blowing, before and after food preparation, after using the bathroom and whenever your hands feel dirty;
- Alternatively use an alcohol-based solution to wash your hands;
- Use disposable tissues to blow your nose;
- Dispose of used tissues in bins provided and wash your hands afterwards;
- Cough or sneeze into your arm by your elbow, not your hands;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with dirty hands or contaminated with respiratory secretions;
- Avoid close contact with people with signs and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Follow the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS), available for consultation here.
In case of symptoms, call SNS24 – 808 24 24 24.
Be a public health agent. Protect yourself and others!